Skipping work on a weekday is the best thing anyone can do for themselves. I feel like I took a week long vacation. Katy came into the Ontario airport yesterday morning when she picked up a run at the last minute and she had the whole day free so I decided to take the day off too. We took off for a whirlwind day from 8 am – 9 pm…non-stop.
1. FIDM Scholarship Store – I thought it would be better…it was just okay. Tons of defected items for really low prices, but I think I’d rather shop at the rack. Although…their designer and special occasion section seems like someone could get lucky with a great find.
2. Abbot Kinney in Venice Beach – This little hip and trendy street has just about everything from great restaurants to unique home decor shops. I could spend all day here!
3. Olvera Street – Known as the birthplace of LA, we came looking for street tacos, but ended up with crunchy and HUGE soft tacos that were delicious and picked up some Mexican candy for the hubs!
4. The Grove and Farmers’ Market – This is quite a shopping MECCA and nice spot to do some star sightings I hear. I loved the open air shopping environment and wished we were hungrier to actually eat at The Farmers’ Market because everything looked delicious. I’ll be taking Ricardo back there for lunch this Saturday.
I found this cute mini duffel bag at Anthropologie on sale. I’m contemplating about how much I love it and if it’s worth keeping. It’s definitely more on the ice blue than dusty grey color pictured below…but a part of me does LOVE it. It’s super soft, roomy, has many compartments, and the lining inside has a pretty print. I think it’s a keeper 🙂
5. Honey Pig Korean BBQ – I only eat Korean BBQ when I’m with Kate or an actual Korean friend. You cook your own meat…veg out for a few hours, what more can a girl ask for?
Back to work today…ahhhh….and then the weekend’s here. Yipppeee!