I need a vacation. I do. Visiting family or going to a wedding is not a vacation. I’m talking about a far far get away vacation. But how can I do this? With weddings coming up this summer and planning my own for the next year…and Ric in school 3/4 of the year, a vacation is oh so very hard to come by. Shoot…I think my next real vacation will probably be my honeymoon. Let’s see…while we’re on the topic of weddings…what have I done lately? Hmm…I’m thinking of fall 2009, but am debating between locations. I’ve been going back and forth between San Luis Obispo and Los Gatos/Monterey. And…naturally, we met in San Luis so I think that would be fun, but I’ve got my eye on a few venues in Los Gatos and Monterey. And between Friday or Saturday? Something about a Friday night wedding excites me. So…really…no new updates there huh.
Updates on my list:
- Try caviar
- Read one classic novel (ie. Dickens, Hemmingway, etc.); I’ve chosen Jane Austen’s: Pride and Prejudice
- Learn French (as much as I can)
- Volunteer for a good cause
- Indulge in a spa treatment
- Donate blood
- Watch a sunrise
- Buy a homeless person a meal
- Start a savings account for a young relative
- Go on a Ferrari drive
- Do something nice for someone (anonymously)
- Try Pink’s Hot Dogs after seeing it on the Food Network
- Learn refusal skills
- Stick to a summer fitness class (abs and strength training at the YMCA)
- Attend a show taping in Los Angeles (Ric’s wants to go on The Price is Right)…can you imagine?
- Watch a movie in a cemetery (Hollywood Forever Cemetery)
- Attend to a beach clean up on a Saturday morning
I’m still short coming up with three more things to do. But honestly, I should try finishing more things on this darn list. Who’s idea was this?? Ugh.